Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS) has been appointed as the National Level Service Agency (NLSA) by the Department of Information Technology (DIT), Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Government of India to plan, manage and facilitate implementation of the CSC project on behalf of and under overall control of DIT.
NLSA would assist DIT and the states in carrying all work related to pre-implementation and implementation phase of the Scheme. The NLSA would work with the DIT to develop a public private framework for the Scheme; coalesce diverse stakeholders to work through common institutional and conceptual frameworks; harness national level resources; loop best practices; enable transparent & inclusive process of participation across stakeholders; undertake to underwrite resources for the Scheme and standardize design, content & processes into a replicable collaborative framework.
Following are some of the major responsibilities of the NLSA:
· To carry out effective project management & ensure speedy implementation through SCAs leading to rollout of 100,000 CSCs.
· To assist DIT in formulation & managing implementation of the CSC project on an appropriate Public Private Partnership (PPP).
· To act as a catalyst to coalesce focused partnerships for content, services, technology; training, software, etc. that would form the backbone of the implementation process.
· To create a selection framework & support mechanism for identifying & encouraging prospective SCAs to participate in the implementation of the CSC project.
· To conceptualize all operational requirements and implementation activities for the project through a transparent process of bidding & selection with DIT’s approval.
· To create an equitable, transparent and inclusive framework for providing supplemental content & services on an optional basis to SCAs and VLEs and to coordinate and facilitate with state governments to support their operations.